- What is Ready-mix Concrete?
- How is Ready-mix Concrete Made?
- What is the Cost of Ready-mix Concrete?
- What is Ready-mix Concrete Used For?
- What is the Difference Between Plant Ready-Mix Concrete and Job Mixed Concrete?
- What are the Advantages of Ready-mix Concrete?
- What are the Main Materials Used for Manufacturing of Concrete at Ready-mix Concrete Plant?
- How Can You Tell the Quality of Ready-mix Concrete?
- What Concrete Should I Use?
- How is the Strength of Concrete Measured?
- Is Ready-mix Concrete Good?
- What are the Different Types of Stone Masonry?
- What is the Best Mulch for Landscaping?
- Are Rocks Good for Landscaping?
- How Much Does It Cost to Put Rocks in your Yard?
- What are the Ingredients of Concrete?
- Is Concrete a Rock?
- Is Concrete Environmentally Friendly?
- How Quickly Will My Concrete be Delivered?
What is Ready-mix Concrete?
Ready-mix concrete is manufactured in a batching plant or factory. It is usually delivered in two ways – in-transit mixers and volumetric concrete mixers. It has cost advantage over several other materials, and is used in large-scale projects.Back to Index
How is Ready-mix Concrete Made?
By mixing aggregates (obtained from quarries and aggregate banks), additives (for improving durability or reducing water content), water, and cement.Back to Index
What is the Cost of Ready-mix Concrete?
$50-$150 per cubic foot of concrete needed. The actual cost will depend on the type and amount of ready-mix concrete you use.Back to Index
What is Ready-mix Concrete Used For?
Ready-mix concrete is usually used in civil engineering projects, road and systems development projects, and building projects. It is usually preferred when mixing concrete on site is not feasible.Back to Index
What is the Difference Between Plant Ready-Mix Concrete and Job Mixed Concrete?
Plant ready-mix concrete is manufactured in a batch plant and delivered to the work site, whereas job mixed concrete is made at site.Back to Index
What are the Advantages of Ready-mix Concrete?
- Superior quality and durability
- Better handling and following the right mixing practices can help reduce cement consumption by 10-12 percent
- Eco-friendly manufacturing process
- No additional space required to store raw materials at site
- Manufacturers have less dependency on human labor
What are the Main Materials Used for Manufacturing of Concrete at Ready-mix Concrete Plant?
- Portland or other cements
- Aggregates such as crushed stone, gravel or sand
How Can You Tell the Quality of Ready-mix Concrete?
By conducting different tests such as slump test, compressive strength test, water permeability test, and water absorption test.Back to Index
What Concrete Should I Use?
When choosing the type of concrete to use in your project, consider important factors such as workability and durability of concrete, grading and type of aggregate, compressive strength of concrete, and maximum nominal size of aggregate.Back to Index
How is the Strength of Concrete Measured?
Compressive strength of concrete varies from 2,500 psi-4,000 psi and upward. The strength of concrete can be determined by conducting different tests such as pull out tests, compression tests, and ultrasonic pulse velocity methods.Back to Index
Is Ready-mix Concrete Good?
Ready-mix concrete offers the following advantages over site mix concrete:
- Better consistency
- Swift delivery
- Sustainable production process
- Testing is done by the manufacturer at no additional charges
What are the Different Types of Stone Masonry?
- Rubble masonry – Can be further subdivided into random rubble masonry, dry rubble masonry, and squared rubble masonry
- Ashlar masonry – Can be further subdivided into ashlar facing, fine or coursed ashlar masonry, block in course masonry, rough tooled ashlar masonry, and random coursed ashlar masonry
What is the Best Mulch for Landscaping?
When it comes to selecting mulch for landscaping, some popular choices include cocoa mulch, straw, compost, pine straw, fresh wood chips, corncobs, and seaweed.Back to Index
Are Rocks Good for Landscaping?
Yes. Rocks offer multiple benefits for landscaping.
- They are low maintenance and have low costs
- They help prevent a fire from spreading
- They keep weeds away
- They are wind-resistant
How Much Does It Cost to Put Rocks in your Yard?
$0.75-$4 per cubic foot of landscape stone.Back to Index
What are the Ingredients of Concrete?
Three basic components of concrete are aggregate such as gravel, rock or sand, Portland cement, and water.Back to Index
Is Concrete a Rock?
No. Concrete, unlike rocks, is not formed by a natural process.Back to Index
Is Concrete Environmentally Friendly?
In its raw state, concrete is environmentally friendly; however, it ceases to be eco-friendly in extraction of materials, mixing, and application.Back to Index
How Quickly Will My Concrete be Delivered?
We usually process orders within 3-7 business days.
Still have questions? Contact Bayshore Materials Inc., a landscaping, masonry, and concrete supply center for residential and commercial needs. We carry a large selection of bricks, blocks, stepping stones, interlocking pavers, Brickform concrete stamps, color hardeners, antique releases, concrete stains, and concrete sealers. We also offer plumbing supplies and landscaping bark, rock, sand, topsoil, and more. Call Bayshore Materials Inc. at 707-644-0859 for a no obligation building materials quote!Back to Index